Tag: The resource cannot be found
A few time ago, after updating Windows Sharepoint Service (wss) service to SP3, I found a problem in a sub site, Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
Server Error in ‘/’ Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /site/default.aspx
It make me headache and take long time for me to solve this. I have checked it with SharePoint designer and no problem. I have googled to find help and references. Many problems like this that I found, and the cause is also vary.
Finally, I found the solution and the cause. There is a folder in the virtual directory at IIS that has same name …