... on the 11th day of March, 2013
In this case, I upgrade DNN 4 version (04.09.05) to DNN 6 (06.02.06). Firstly I pretty confused to upgrade this CMS, how the step by step to do it. Many references in Internet, but it make me confuse. Then I find the best reference, i.e: http://dotnetnuke.bz/Home/tabid/96/DotNetNuke/147/How-to-Upgrade-DotNetNuke-Installation.aspx. After that, I try to make the step by step in simple thing.
- Download DNN version from http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/Wiki/Page/Suggested_Upgrade_Path.aspx, I prefer to download New Install than Version Upgrade because new installation already contain every things that we need, version upgrade may be missing something like module or settings.
- Backup Existing Site (database and application files in IIS)
- Change your database connection in web.config New Installation file according to the old one and also other setting in web config. It is according to your application configuration.
- Copy all New Installation file and replace the old one (existing).
- To make refresh, iisreset your IIS.
- Open your browser and go to http://localhost(your local url)/install/install.aspx?mode=upgrade.
- Wait upgrade process for a while until upgrade confirmation complete is shown.